Beat the traffic to the beach or mountains this weekend and enjoy some of the many activities right here in Greensboro. Here is a list of events throughout the weekend, starting tonight:
Friday, July 1st
- 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Greensboro's monthly event features local galleries, music and museums
- Map of Greensboro First Friday Special Events for July 1st
- 8:00 p.m.
- Dana Auditorium, Guilford College
- Tickets starting at $19
Saturday, July 2nd
- 7-11 p.m.
- Downtown Greensboro at corner of Summit, Lindsay and Church Streets
- Music by Erica and the Chill Tones an Walrus
- Free Parking
Monday, July 4th
- 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Downtown Greensboro at Greene & Bellemeade ending at Children's Museum
- Five stages with live music throughout the day, including rock, urban, gospel, R&B and local singing talent, includingBelle from the upcoming production of Beauty and the Beast Jr. and CTG's Triad Idol
- World Record attempt as 1,776 snare dummers attempt to set the world record with a 5-minute snare drum roll (11 a.m. near Stage 2)
- Walk for Unity rope labyrinth at Center City Park which guests are asked to decorate with stars in honor of a veteran or loved one.
- 7:00 p.m.
- Free Fireworks Show after the game
- Tickets start at $4 for youth/seniors, $6 for adults
- 7:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Free Admission and Parking
- New Venue-White Oak Amphitheatre at Greensboro Coliseum